zondag 6 oktober 2013

Apples

Just a little over a week ago, my mum invited us to come over to her on wednesday afternoon, so the girls could pick apples. They don't have school on wednesday afternoon, so it was quite easily planned.
My DD13 didn't feel up to joining us in the fun, as she had just had a little argument with DD11, and being a teenager, of course she overreacted a bit.
As a girl I was always a bit of a tomboy, and I have quite a bit of experience in climbing trees (although it is a little while back, haha!) So when all the apples we could reach from the ground or with a ladder were picked, I decided the only way to get all of them out, was to climb into those trees.
My girls were wearing new outfits, so I couldn't allow them to climb the trees and so the only one to do it, was doing it myself.





 While I was at it I also pruned the trees. And no I'm not much of a gardener, but with my mum telling me what to do, I was able to help her out a bit with that too.


All in all we picked 30 kg of apples, and of course something needs to be done with them.
Mum and I have already both been baking cake, and mum has been making jam and all other kinds of delicious things too, but she still has lots of apples.
So today I have been picking up some more apples. And I have a couple of plans to use them.
One of them is making a stew with it, here's a recipe (in dutch), which I think I will be making tomorrow: Hete bliksem
I might also bake another apple cake, make jam, and apple compote or apple sauce.
And of course the girls will enjoy having at least an apple a day!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten