vrijdag 11 oktober 2013

Frantic Friday & Fun

Yesterday was a kind of lazy day with not much to blog about and nothing to take pictures of.
I cleaned the windows at the front of our home, helped a lady from church who has a hernia, so I did some dusting and vacuming for her. In the afternoon I had 2 hours just for me alone, in which I dressed up and put on some heavy make-up, to practise for next week friday. In those 2 hours my parents came over to visit me, so I opened my frontdoor for them, dressed up and acting like, well, the character I'm going to be..... Dad didn't even recognise me at the first sight, so I think it's going to be a good disguise.
Thursday evening was kind of busy, as DD8 will have balletlessons and tapdance lessons, and then DD11 will have her tapdance lessons whilst once every 2 weeks DD8 will go to a club from church after tapdance, and DD11 will go to another club from church after tapdance. So after playing mums private taxi, I did some small repairs on the girls clothes.

Friday is almost always my most busy day of the week.
On friday I walk my postround, and go to 2 different groceryshops to get all my groceries for a week (unless I forget something... muahaha!) and there is also a charitiy shop that is only open on friday, so I try to go there as well, you never know what treasure lies hidden there.....
After bringing the girls to school this morning, I went to the first grocerystore, where I met the mum of one of the other girls from DD11 balletclass, so had a chat with her about the girls practising points. When I got out of the store it had started to rain, oh no!!!!!!! And I had to walk that postround!!!!!!!!!



DD13 is homeschooled, but she wasn't very motivated today, so let's say it wasn't really a great start of the day.I did do a part of the postround, but had to get the girls home for lunch all too soon.
After bringing them back to school, I went to the second grocerystore and picked up the rest of the groceries, and went to the charityshop right afterwards, where I picked up this fabulous book end.


When I got back home, Garden Patience had arrived, what a super cute doll! I had so much fun with her!













Of course she will get her own real photosession and some more attention in my dolly blog.
But I still had to finish that postround, which I didn't manage before school was all finished, so had to wait until DH arrived back home from work, so he could look after our DD's .
As you may have guess I haven't been doing much in the kitchen today, DH even cooked dinner whilst I finished my postround.
The only thing I did was make some more apple compote.


Inspired by my sisters decorating for fall The Greedy Minimalist, I decided to do something with the old stuff I had lying about:
the old stuff




As you can see, I had quite a fun project for this evening.


2 opmerkingen:

  1. OK. It's official. I hate you now. Taking my idea and doing a far better job. How dare you! It's just too gorgeous.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Me doing anything better than you? You must be kiddin'. I thought your decoration was really looking cute. But I just had some old stuff lying about, so thought I'd just as well make use of it.......

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen