woensdag 1 januari 2014

Happy 2014!

First of all I would like to wish everyone a Very Happy New Year!
Yes, I know I haven't been blogging for quite a while, as it was the festive season, and it was a bit too busy to blog about everything that was going on. I did take pictures with the intention to blog, but just never got to it..
I'm planning to make up for it, so I thought to make a good start and write about our New Years Eve.
On the 31st of december I always go over to my mum, to bake some traditional food, Oliebollen & Appelbeignets. My DH just hates anything that might mess up the kitchen, and this sure does!
Mum loves baking and we just have lots of fun together, getting everything ready.


 As you can see, my DD11 helped peeling apples and cutting them in thick slices.


My sister hosted the party this year, and she also had lots of yummie stuff like deviled eggs, deviled tomatoes, cheese cubes, cucumberslices, and the likes.




This year we bought some childrens firework, and allowed them to use it. Only, before everything was used it started raining, so they used the last bits of it in our garden this morning.
Now I just have to go back to mum tomorrow, and help her clean the kitchen, as she didn't want to do that yesterday, and I made her promiss not to do anything about it today.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Actually, you did get everyone. Your DD-13 is in the second picture, in my kitchen, and I'm in the last picture, watching the fireworks.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Yup, I know. I intended to change it, but was a bit too worn out after yesterdays clean up mission to do anything....

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen